Longtime Judges of KUMBIRA, recognized by COHARA during KUMBIRA Moments
August 20, 2016 by Mr. Prince Price
August 16, 2016, two days before the launch of the 20th KUMBIRA, Cagayan de Oro Hotel and Restaurant Association (COHARA) had set an “Appreciation Night” for the professional chefs, food writers and restaurant proprietors who have brought immense flavor to CDO’s most attended culinary show and live competitions happening every year.
They have been part of KUMBIRA and have been with COHARA as Judges for 9 years and more:
1. Chef Eduardo Tuazon, the Chef Instructor/Formerly the Executive Chef of Marco Polo Davao – 17 years
2. Chef Norbert Gandler, the Executive Director for Culinary for Culinary Education (Owner), International School for Culinary Arts & Hotel Management (ISCAHM) – 13 years
4. Ms. Michaela Fenix Makabenta, a Food Writer & columnist of the Philippine Daily Inquirer – 12 years
5. Chef Penk Ching, the Cake Stylist Proprietress of Pastry Bin – 12 years
6. Chef Myrna Segismundo, the VP Managing Director of Restaurant 9501 and Over All Chair of National Food Showdown – 10 years
7. Chef Josefina Sincioco, Chef Patron, Chef Jessie Rockwell Club – 10 years
8. Sandy Daza, Restaurateur, TV Host Chef, Cookbook Author, Food Columnist at Philippine Inquirer. – 9 years
They were recognized and honored together with KUMBIRA 2016 event sponsors, La Germania, Solane, Nature Spring, Del Monte, and Nestle Professional at the Limketkai Luxe Hotel on Tuesday, 7PM.